We are looking for a brilliant Customer Support Lead who has management experience in customer-facing roles. Your role will be to provide leadership and support to our ever-growing customer base as well as our Engineering and Product teams to ensure that 1) we look after our customers exceptionally well by providing outstanding support and 2) we create the BEST product we can.
Who are you?
- You have previous experience leading a support team in a customer-facing role.
- You have the ability to provide a strong mentorship to the associates that will report into you.
- You are experienced at planning head count to meet business demands leading to owning the hiring process.
- You possess a high degree of EQ and have outstanding interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- You can communicate complex concepts and processes in a straightforward, clear manner to multiple stakeholders.
- You possess excellent organisational skills, naturally engaging and are great at running multiple priorities.
- You approach problems with an analytical and process-oriented mindset.
- You demonstrate a drive and ability to achieve goals in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment.
- You enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment and are great at receiving feedback.
- You’ve previously worked in a fast-paced start-up environment.
What will you do?
- Manage associates on the team, and support them with customer communications from all channels;
- Become an expert on how to use the Comma App and Pay with Comma;
- Work with the associates to create internal and external support resources;
- Be the customer’s voice within the company: keep track of customers’ pain points and feature requests, and advocate for them within the wider organisation.
- Develop a good working relationship with the Engineering and Product teams to resolve tickets that require an escalation;
- Work with the Marketing team and other teams in the business to improve the customers’ experience.
- Prioritise, monitor and escalate issues which may require the need to create an internal incident based on customer impact and your judgement.
- Help to implement and carry out regular processes related to the Support Team;
- Deliver exceptional customer experiences by always going the extra mile!
Who are we?
Comma is the UK’s first open banking bulk payment system that handles the boring but important stuff - bills, salaries, and taxes. We have successfully enrolled accountants and bookkeepers onto the Comma app by enabling collaborative payment services. This helps small and micro businesses who don’t have access to corporate banking. Throughout this, we unearthed a majorly unserviced area within payroll and a huge opportunity for Pay with Comma. PwC is a simple integration which enables accounting tools such as payroll softwares to embed an ‘open banking first’ payment journey within their product with just a single API call. Think Stripe for business bulk payments.
What will you receive?
Payments are clearly important to us, but equally we know it’s important to you. So let’s be open and honest, you can expect a salary of ~£28,000 per annum.
We know the working environment is a critical part of anyone's decision to join a new company, which is why we've put a lot of emphasis on creating a culture that cares about our customers, each other, and the mission. We offer remote working and flexible hours; we don’t need to see people every day to know they’re doing a great job.
People don't work for Comma; people are a part of Comma. This is why everyone has share options in the business. Our success comes from your hard work and dedication.
We want to build a small and talented team that will remain nimble. A place everybody can grow and shape. Your development matters to us and we will empower you to ensure your time at Comma propels you to where you want to be in your career.
Knowledge sharing is paramount to success and so we have a group of talented advisors from companies like Amazon, Improbable, Revolut, WageStream, and fast-growing startups to help advise you should you need it.
We’re building a company for smart people to grow, and make things they’re proud of. If you want to be part of that, get in touch.
Comma is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society. We believe that diversity makes us a stronger team so seek to employ people with different ideas, styles and skill sets, each able to contribute in unique ways to our organisation’s growth and success.